6.15.2011

Now that I'm awake..

I landed in Madrid this morning around 7:00 their time so midnight back home. We had to wait like 40 minutes for our luggage and people from the Fundacion met us right away. Couldn't tell you about my bus ride from Madrid to Toledo, since I slept through most of it. The land looks pretty dry; it's all grassy but it's barely green and mostly brown. Once we got to Toledo, I was immediately in awe! The city is on top of a huge hill (seems like I really like going places situated on top of hills) and the hill's sides have giant stone walls. Everything is so old and cobblestoned and quaint and precious.. I was too tired today to get out and explore, but we had to walk through some of it to get to the Fundacion and I can't wait to go see more of it. We didn't really have anything to do today, the big day is tomorrow when we will have oral and written placement tests and I'll have an interview for my internship as well.
I was really nervous because there's no air conditioning in our dorm rooms (and if you know me, you know I am not tolerable of heat) but Toledo doesn't have much humidity and we have wide windows that open that I'm obsessed with, and best of all, a ceiling fan! I strategically chose my bed to be right under that just in case. There's 6 of us in our suite I guess you'd say, there's a little hallway leading into the room with 2 bathrooms off of it- 1 with a shower, 1 with a toilet. Interesting. Then there are 2 rooms, and each has 3 people in it. We have precious 90's looking little twin beds and we each have our own closet that's pretty big. We also each have our own desk with a shelf on it...in my desk drawer someone from the class of '93 had written a warning note about a "sneaky Moroccan" named Ali Baba??
This is going to be a great experience because I'm the only one from Western and there are people from all over the country. 2 of my roommates are from Minnesota, 2 from Ohio State, and one is from Evanston but goes to Notre Dame (she has a list of all the bars and interesting places to go to from her cousin so she is definitely an asset :) )
Hope everyone is doing well back home, it hasn't hit me yet that I'm not at home, but I'll definitely miss you all!

To clarify for Aunt Dianna- I am in love with the city, never saw my pilot :) I was in love with the airline though!

My one picture I've taken of a street in Toledo. It's right by the Fundacion. So many twisty narrow streets
Our room.


View from our room

Our giant oldschool window

No comments:

Post a Comment