6.16.2011

Love.

Ok so I lied, last night some of us went out into the city to look for an ATM and a place to have a glass of wine. My roommate and I decided to decline the last part and got semi lost in the city, which is a great thing to do actually if you have nowhere to go. We ran into the library which was ....can't think of a word to describe, majestic, beautiful, magnicifent...I will definitely be making a trip there. Shocker! As we were wandering around halfway trying to find our way back, we saw El Catedral de Toledo through a street/ally and it was all lit up at night..another beautiful sight. I will be making a trip there as well. After we finally found our way back, we passed out immediately. I wish I could say I slept great but our fan is the loudest thing on earth. For the first half of the night, it was squeaking and squealing and the second half it was clicking extremely loud. I guess you can't expect much more in such an old building, and I should be happy because some rooms don't even have fans- we lucked out!
I'm extremely excited because my Spanish advisor finally wrote m e back about my class conflict that I had because of my internship and she said that I can take basically any class I want. The one I really wanted to originally take is an art class in which we study Christian, Muslim, and Jewish architecture. For those of you who don't know, Toledo has been ruled by all 3 of these religious groups so there's a bunch of different architecture. We get to take a field trip to Madrid to go to El Prado which will be very exciting as well!
We finished our written exam about 30 minutes ago and I don't have anything to do for almost 3 hours, (which is why I'm writing so much) when I'll have my oral exam. An hour after that I'll interview for the internship. I might go wander around the city but I'm feeling a little queasy and dizzy. One of my roommates keeps getting sick and they told her it was probably because of jetlag. I'm probably feeling the effects of that as well so I'll probably just lay low for a bit...we do have 6 weeks to explore!

I just did some research on festivals going on in Spain while we're here and it turns out there's one here next week (the 23rd) called Festival of Corpus Christi, an important religious holiday. Apparently the streets get adorned with old craftsmanship, herbs, and these awnings that we happened to actually be walking under last night. The awnings mark the way of the religious procession that takes place on the 23rd. Pretty cool!

La plaza de Zocodover...there is a McDonalds in that building that is blocked by the tree. Haha

This is la Biblioteca (library). Way too big to get into one picture. SO PRETTY

Our sneak view of the Cathedral

I took this this morning. This is the view from one of the classrooms . I am in love. This is El Catedral as well

1 comment:

  1. the library looks like it's decorated for christmas!

    ReplyDelete